Born Pretty - Foil Metal Bows

I recently received these gold metal bow decals from Born Pretty to review. Here is the look I came up with.
They can be found here for $8.80. 
There are 1,000 bows in each pack.

I stated by painting a basecoat, then taped off french tips and added Sinful Colors Let's Talk (it's much more purple IRL, less blue). Once that was dry, I placed gold striping tape along the smile line. Then I used my topcoat to attach the bows, and 2 coats over top of them to seal them in.

The bows are completely flat, so they wanted to stick up and have rough edges. The material is a thick foil, so I was able to bend them around the handle of my dotting tool with just my fingers to curve them. That helped them to sit better on the nail, but it didn't fix it entirely.

My opinions:
  • I wish they would sit better on the nail. They still managed to stick up some which irritates me. 
  • The quality is very good and unlike some cheaper alternatives where half of the bows would be defective... all of these were just right. 
  • I wish it were offered in smaller quantities for a lesser price. I don't see myself ever being able to use all 1,000.

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment