From the Vault: Sinful Colors Unicorn

Hi loves and happy Thursday!!

  Today I have a simple swatch for my lovelies. I am running low on postable material so I am having to dip into my "vault" of emergency swatches. I hate when that happens. I just can't really bring myself to post partial collections... So basically I have about Three partially swatches collections and none actually ready to be posted lol.... That's how I roll. Today's color came to me from the Central FL Beauty Blogger meet-up we held in march. I came home with quite a few polishes from the "pickins" boxes that the girls had brought and this was one of them.
 Unicorn is a soft "Chick Fuzz" Yellow creme. This is one of those colors that- every time I went to the store- I'd pick up and put it back down. I was worried about the formula sucking TOO much since I had been reading on other blogs that this could be a difficult color to work with. Well when the opportunity presented itself to try it for free I jumped on it. While the formula was not great by any means, it was not nearly as terrible as I was expecting. It is a tad streaky and patchy but at Three thin coats it looked ADORABLE! I was never one to like Yellow on my nails. Once my "hand" got better I actually started appreciating Yellow on my tips. Yellow is such a happy color and this particular Yellow, I think, looks great on my skin tone. I love that while it is a muted pastel Yellow tone it remains "clean".
I'm so glad to have this as part of my arsenal. I think every girl should have at least One Yellow shade that flatters them. Yellow is such a misunderstood nail shade lol. It's just a matter of finding the right tone of Yellow to work with your skin and then have some patience with the formula :D. Once I found my Yellow I fell in love with the look.

Thoughts on Unicorn?

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment