My Picks from the Orly Flash Glam FX Collection

Happy Thursday!!

  First off! Thank you all so much for the sweet and encouraging feedback on yesterday's post! You guys are so nice! I think I will continue to do make-up features here and there since you guys were so receptive to the idea of my branching out. Thank you!!!

 Today I have Six eye-popping glitters from the Orly Flash Glam FX Collection. I picked these up a few weeks back while at Premiere Orlando 2012. While there I met up with some of my gals from the Central FL Beauty Blogger group I belong to. The second I found the group among the sea of people the first thing Courtney said to me was "You HAVE to see these Orly glitters". Needless to say she had me at "glitter". 
  I obliged, pretty much immediately, and we practically skipped to the Orly booth where an array of amazingly flashy glitters were waiting to be inspected by me! Narrowing it down to Six would prove to be quite the challenge....
You know you totally wanna see some close-ups of these! Just continue reading :D! 

Orly Go Deeper over Revlon Sheer Seafoam

Go Deeper is a mix that resembles Deborah Lippmann Across the Universe. Go Deeper is a lighter blend and has more of a prismatic effect. They are not dupes by any means. Go Deeper is a mix of prismatic Teal and Green glitters in different sizes. These glitters are suspended in a sheer Teal jelly base. This is absolutely stunning and very "cosmic".

Orly Can't be Tamed over O.P.I Care to Danse?
Can't be Tamed is a mix of Large vibrant Purple hexes and smaller Gunmetal hexes. The glitters in this polish are suspended in a clear base. I like the sprinkled effect this creates. I was told by one of my readers that the jelly sammich I did with these Two colors resembles Lynderella's Nosegay. Can't be Tamed does not have prismatic glitter in it.

Orly Monster Mash over Essie Pretty Edgy
So... How AWESOME is this one? Monster Mash is a dense mix of prismatic Grass Green hexes, micro bars and fine glitter suspended in a light lime Green jelly base. There is something so very interesting about how this looks on the nail and in the bottle. The micro bars really add texture. My nails looked like I had crushed Emeralds sprinkled on them.

Orly Right Amount of Evil over O.P.I Ya'll Come Back Ya Hear?
Right Amount of Evil is pretty much the same concept as Monster Mash. The obvious difference being that one is fiery Orange and one is Grass Green. The Orange jelly base in Right Amount of Evil does have a hint of Coral micro shimmer making it a bit more dense than Monster Mash. This reminds me of Koi fish.

Orly Be Brave over Del Sol Foxy
Be Brave is made up of prismatic Pink bars suspended in a light Pink, barely there, jelly base. This is an interesting polish. Bar glitters seem to be a "love it or hate it" type of thing and I definitely love it. This polish was actually pretty easy to work with, I had no issues getting the bars out or on the nail. This combination is awesome because in the Sunlight my base color, Del Sol Foxy will shift to a deep Purple shimmery base and the sparkles contrast with the Purple shade as well. Pics of that soon!

Orly Sunglasses at Night over Revlon Royal
Sunglasses at Night was the first one of these glitters that I knew I just had to have. This is something that I had definitely never seen before. Sunglasses at Night is a deep inky Blue jelly base packed full of prismatic dark Blue bar glitters. This combination was much better in person but it proved to be harder to capture in photos.
  From this collection I also picked up Sashay my Way while at an impromptu Ulta shopping trip with Miss Courtney (Yay for lunch dates<3). I will have a swatch of that later on, that one was a more recent purchase. I'm so happy to see Orly doing something super glittery and fun. Orly is usually pretty quiet, and not one of my go-to brands if we are being honest. That being said, about Once a year Orly releases one super kick ass collection and I think this might be it for this year. All of the glitters I have seen are super unique, flashy and chunky, BUT they lay flat and they don't take 17 coats of top coat to smooth out. They dry nice and shiny!
  At this point I'm not even sure how many glitters there are in the Flash Glam FX collection. My guess is 12 but I've yet to see a FULL display. Either ways... These are awesome and I absolutely recommend checking these out if you love glitter. And even if you don't... These might just change your mind.

  I am over the moon with these!! Which are your faves?


{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment