Revlon Royal= Disappointment

Ugh....

  So, I skipped this color when it came out last year.. It got a lot of hype and I thought it was an amazing shade and I loved all the swatch pics I was seeing... I still skipped on it because for some reason it was not singing to me. Not long ago I saw a post that had used this polish and that single post did me in and I had to have Royal. I was all OMFGWOWAMAZING when I saw this swatch pic.... So I ran out and picked up myself a bottle of Royal .....
  While the finished result with the Red Angel (plate RA109) stamping in Nfu. OH #61 is really actually quite beautiful.... This base color by Revlon was an absolute nightmare to apply. I needed FOUR.... Yes.. FOUR coats and it was still uneven, streaky and not up to my standards. Thank goodness for stamping and being able to cover up "my sins" with the lacey holographic flowers. There almost an Asian inspired look to it so I'm not mad at the end result... 

 What I am mad at is this (*points at swatch*)... It just doesn't look as perfect and smooth as I would like.. This really was a PAIN to apply. I've never had a polish be more problematic than Royal. If you are not patient, experienced or.. PATIENT... DO NOT get this color. This color has a streaky, runny almost watery formula.... Not happy with it at all.... I don't even know how this color got some much hype when the formula is such a mess... If only the beauty of the color matched the formula....
Maybe it was just my bottle... But who knows. I don't own many Revlon polishes and this will be the one and only Jelly I ever get from Revlon. This experience was enough to put me off Revlon jellies for the rest of my polish days....

Do you own Royal? Did you have the same issues?


{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment