#FlBeautyBloggers Guest Posts! Nidia from Lit from Within

Hi Darlings!

  Today's post comes from the awesome Nidia of Lit from Within.
---

Hi, I’m Nidia, and I run a little blog called Lit From Within [www.BeautyLitFromWithin.blogspot.com].  When Cristina needed some guest bloggers, I jumped at the chance for two reasons:  I knew she’d do the same for me if I needed, and because I knew she’d inspire me to try to create something as beautiful as she is.

When I was thinking of ideas, I knew I wanted to incorporate one of her favorite polish lines – Cult Nails, and also have it be very colorful, so I went with a peacock theme.
See, it’s impossible to create something as lovely as Cristina! 

Here’s how I created this mani: I started with Cult Nails Awakening, which is one of my very favorite colors of Cult Nails.  It’s a thin polish, jelly-like, but opaque in 2 coats, and is the most beautiful color of greyed, dusty teal.  I then sponged a gradient of Cult Nails Vicious on the tips.  Vicious is a dark eggplant purple, and it pairs really well with Awakening.
 I stamped over the gradient with Maybelline Bold Gold, and dotted inside the stamp with Cult Nails Feel Me Up and Feelin’ Froggy. Hmm.  Very touchy-FEELy…. 
 I thought I was done, but in a last-moment inspiration, I added a no-name Flakie from Cosmetic Arts.  It added a wonderful iridescence and motion, without making the mani any busier.  I have become infatuated with Flakies lately – I can’t get enough!

I know you all miss Cristina’s perfect manis (how does she do that?) and wish her a speedy recovery as I do. 
----

  Thank you Nidia for the beautiful nail art! Why so harsh on yourself girl!!!? This turned out beautiful and the colors are awesome together!



{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment