Born Pretty - Marquise Studs & Beaded Chain

Another couple of items provided by Born Pretty to review. 
First up are these marquise shaped gold studs. They can be found here for $5.83.
I didn't have any trouble with them. They lie flat and adhered with just wet topcoat. My only preference would have been if they were smaller. They are quite large which limits what all designs you can do. I have another idea in mind that I will try and post at a later date.
For this look, I used KleanColor Cobalt to paint a french tip, then I placed the studs with a dot of topcoat. After that I painted the gold accent swirls with Essie Good as Gold. Then I topcoated the entire look.



The second item is this beaded chain that can be found here for $5.61. It's 100cm in length and that'll allow for a lot of different uses.
In this look, I was trying to line up the beaded chain along the half moon. You can see it didn't really work. :( The chain is too stiff to bend much. I used cuticle nippers to trim off the length I wanted to use, and it cut easily.
 

You can see the edges stick up even under topcoat.... I'm just not loving this beaded chain. I need to find another way to use them perhaps.




{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment