Tammy Taylor Nails

Tammy Taylor Nails has sent me some of their products to review for you guys. Tammy Taylor started her own product line in 1983, and apparently she is well known by nail professionals because her products are used in many salons. She carries a lot of acrylic and gel products as well as regular nail lacquers.

First of all, I was really impressed with their packaging. These foam star cut outs are PERFECT for shipping nail polish. It keeps it snug and in place with plenty of protection from breakage. Then each other item was bagged or sealed in some way. The box was also stuffed with packing peanuts to prevent the items from shifting. So already Tammy Taylor gets 5 stars for packaging!
 Since I'm being honest, here is a negative. I really dislike the website. It is terribly hard to navigate and I couldn't even find the direct links to the polish colors she sent me. For example, you would think to find a polish color you would click "Nail Polish (Colour)" but no. That just has topcoat, thinner, and remover...... Ok well let's click "Polish (Nail Colour)," no such luck. Just links to the gel topcoat and her Polish Accessory Kit.... No actual nail colors.... Then I decided to utilize the search box and type in the name of the polish colors I was sent.... Still can't find it. :( Disappointing!


Z-Coat is her non yellowing topcoat that dries fast and prevents polish colors from fading. 
Found here for $12.
I really enjoyed it! I found it comparable to Seche Vite (my current favorite topcoat), dries fast, self levels, and the quality of the brush itself made application easy.
The other polishes used for this french look are called Ca. French White & Ca. French Pink, but I couldn't find them on the website.
 I masked off my tips with tape, then applied 2 thin coats of Ca. French White before removing the tape. Once that was dry I applied 2 coats of Ca. French Pink over the entire nail and it did a really nice job of softening the entire look. It went on smoothly without being streaky and added a soft pink color to the nail bed. I then used the Z-Coat over everything and it dried quickly with a very glossy finish!

This color is called Pinkalicious, but yet again I couldn't find evidence of it on the website. :(
Pictured is 3 thin coats topped with Z-Coat. The polish was really easy to apply, but didn't self level real well. The formula was very opaque, I imagine this polish would work well with stamping, but I have yet to try it. I thought I could stop after just one or two coats, but it wasn't seeming to self level. I had darker areas and lighter areas. Not quite what I'm used to when I think of a streaky polish, but similar.



Another thing included was the "Cutie-File" 3-in-1 cuticle pusher, shaper, & smoother.  You get a 50pk for $16.95. I was confused at first, but figured it out. You get one pink piece which is made of a thick plastic and each file piece is 320grit on the dark side, and the white side is a cover over adhesive. So you peel off the white backing and it sticks onto the pink plastic. On it's own the file piece is too flimsy to use, but attached to the pink piece, it's perfect. This would be great for any nail professional that needs to switch out files for each client. This would make it really easy.



{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment