Lynnderella Mercurial

Hi loves and happy Sunday!

  Today's post is my very first Lynderella ever and a total random act of kindness. See.. Sometime ago I had posted on LTHP's Facebook about how someday I would have a Lynn polish and my life would be complete then. Well to my surprise TWO lovely, amazing readers responded to my post offering to send me extra Lynn's they had and I was so touched. I mean... I knew polish people were nice and awesome but this took the polished cake... Girls were willing to make my month by sending me an amazing and hard to find polish just because they like my blog.. That is crazy to me.. And SOOO sweet and just awesome! Like seriously... Marnie and Bethany: You guys are the bomb and I hope you are reading :D. I am sooo grateful for this RAOK!

  Today I will be showing you Lynn's Mercurial. This pretty made it's way to me thanks to the very lovely Marnie S. I cannot wait to wear this again.
To see more pics of Mercurial just keep on reading :D.


  I am not %100 happy with how this looks.. Mainly because I am convinced that I picked an awful base color for Mercurial. I think the color I used matched the glitters and the base color of Mercurial too closely and it did not make the glitters pop against the base. 
The look is cool non-the-less. Mercurial is a very complex color. It is a mix of different sized and shaped Graphite glitters as well as some Lavender Hex glitters all floating in a a shimmery Gunmetal Grey base. The base also seems to have some flashes of Teal coming through. For this I started with One coat of Bettina's Secret and then added Two coats of Mercurial. I think it would have also looked better with only one coat of Mercurial instead of Two. This is a bumpy glitter and it takes Two decent coats of TC to smooth it out. As much as the combo did not wow me, I still found myself staring at my hands constantly because of all the different glitters.
 I keep reading that Purple is a good color to layer this over so I think I will try that next time....
SO... My polished life is pretty much complete at this point. I own Two Lynns and Max Factor's Fantasy Fire... I don't think I will be buying any polishes any time soon... hhhmmmmm....

Do you own any Lynderellas? Which are your faves? What should I layer this over next?

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment