#FlBeautyBloggers Guest Posts!! Maria from Cult Nails

Hi loves,
  
  As announced last week I will be out this week and the coming week. I am having a laparoscopic exploration done tomorrow. Then I will be in and out of doctors appointments after that. It's not a big deal, but I will need to rest up and take my time to recover. So, I reached out to some of my amazing friends and favorite bloggers to keep you guys entertained while I am away getting better. Today's post comes to us from Maria of Cult Nails
---


I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am to be posting on Cristina's blog! WAHOO! I feel so honored. Now before we go getting crazy here, my skills are no where near the amazing Cristina's so don't say I didn't warn you! 
 Recently on Let Them Have Polish, Cristina featured a flowered gradient manicure. I instantly fell in love and knew I had to recreate the look. Since I was working on this, I decided why not do a tutorial while I was at it. 
 The talented Alyssa from Pretty Little Bottles (who will be on later this week) came and hung out for a day and she did a flower mani too. Here is what our mani's looked like. 
 I was a bit worried about using these flowers in a natural nail manicure because I thought it would end up being lumpy, but with a thick coat of top coat over the top, it was just fine!

Here is how I did it.
 First things first, paint your nails in whatever polish color you want. Go crazy, do some nail art, or a gradient manicure, Whatever you want. For this simple tutorial, I just am placing it on a painted nail.

What you need: You will need flowers of course, which you can pick up at most beauty supply stores like Sally's or on Amazon. You will need a toothpick or orange wood stick and a top coat. I'm using Wicked Fast here, but I will admit this is not the best top coat for this job because it dries to fast.(And that's normally a good thing!) But it is the only one I have (For hopefully obvious reasons.) :) 
Once your nails are painted and dry apply a top coat either to your entire nail or just where you want to apply the flower. (The choice is a matter of preference as to whether you want to put the top coat all over the entire nail or not.) and add a drop of the top coat to your toothpick/orange wood stick and pick up the flower and place it on your nail.
Using the opposite side of your toothpick/orange wood stick, gently press the flower into the nail. 

Let it set for a minute and then add a top coat to the entire nail to seal the flower in. (Wicked Fast is perfect here!)
That's it! It was so easy! I don't know why I waited so long to try using these! Thank you Cristina for showing us how to have fun with flowers! I hope you all enjoyed my guest post! 
  Here is a quick vid by Maria.

----

 A huge thank you to Maria for taking from her time to do this awesome tutorial!! 

xo



{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment