Candy Conversation Hearts Tutorial

 The popular candy hearts image plate is back around! The first manicure I did like this (here) is well circulated on Pinterest and I often get questions on how to recreate it. So I'm visiting it again and I made sure to take pictures along the way to share with you.

Here are 2 different collage images that you can click on to enlarge and see each step, but I'll also outline it.
1. Base polish is China Glaze Agent Lavender, 2 coats.
2. Then I used the Nail Art Diva "From the Heart 1" image plate to stamp the various heart shapes. This plate is no longer available on Amazon, but here is a link to "From the Heart 2" which will give you a similar outcome. I used the following polishes: China Glaze Lemon Fizz, Spontaneous, Dance Baby, Re-fresh Mint, Color Club Get a Clue, & Essence Bad Girl.
3. As you can see it is difficult to get a solid heart to transfer. The outline is at least defined, so then I took a small nail art brush and filled in the hearts with polish.
4. I applied a coat of Seche Vite topcoat to thoroughly dry all of the layers, so that I could stamp again without smudging all of the hard work up to now.
5. Then I used Nail Art Diva Heartfelt Red to stamp the different quotes. I sort of like that the wording doesn't transfer perfectly clean.... Because the real conversation hearts are actually like that too!
6. Finished it off with a matte topcoat to give it the chalky appearance. I used Essie Matte About You.


{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment