31 Day Challenge 2012! Day 25: Inspired by Fashion

Hello my lovelies!! 

  Today Sammy, Rie and I are doing the 25th prompt of the 31 day challenge. The task is to nails inspired by fashion. Much like last year, I knew exactly which dress I was going to use as my muse. I saw the dress about a year ago, but I knew someday I would do nails inspired by the awesome Betsey Johnson creation. Finally "Fashion Day" came and i even got tro try out a new-to-me technique.  
 She looks like QuinceaƱera Barbie and I am LOVING it! 

 Onto the look! 
 I started with a base of Lime Crime nail polish in Milky Ways. I then did a gradient over my Milky Ways base with China Glaze Beach Cruise-r and O.P.I Don't Touch my Tutu and top coated it to protect it before starting on the next step. I used the watercolor technique for the cool blend of colors you see. I really like this tutorial from Rebecca, though my technique differed a little. For the watercolor technique I used all the following colors from Lime Crime: Crema de Limon, Peaches ♥ Creme, Parfait Day, Once in a Blue Mousse and Lavendairy. For the darker touches I used China Glaze Ride the Waves. I topped it all off with some Seche Vite, followed by some INM Northern Lights(because I have a problem and I layer it over everything lol).

  The dress that inspired this look is from the Betsey Johnson Spring 2011 Collection. This dress walked the runway back in September of 2010. I can't get enough of the colors. 

 I am in love with how this mani turned out! Also, the watercolor technique is SO much fun! There is really no wrong way of doing it. I cannot wait to try a look like this one again soon! Now don't forget to stop by my challenge partners Rie and Sam's to see their Fashion inspired looks for day 25!

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment