Born Pretty - Cuticle Pusher & Cuticle Nippers

Some tools were also sent my way from Born Pretty. 

The cuticle pusher/remover can be found here for $1.89. 
It works great! The left side is slightly curved and allows you to easily push your cuticles back and scrape at the dead skin the clings to the nail bed. ( I think that's what the technical "cuticle" is anyway) The right side is angled to a point which is helpful for cleaning under the free edge. The tool is very sturdy and made from stainless steel so it can be properly sanitized.

The cuticle nippers can be found here for $2.74.
It works great too! I'm really pleased with them as well.

Here I have the Born Pretty cuticle nippers stacked on top of my Tweezerman nippers so that you can see how they compare. Approximately same size, but the ones from Born Pretty feel more lightweight. Construction appears the same.

 A closeup of the nipper head. Born Pretty has a smaller angle to the blade part. It has a longer cutting area so it lets you get it further to any hangnails or awkward positions. I've had my Tweezerman nippers for quite a while now and they have gone a bit dull. The Born Pretty ones are really sharp and crisp which makes things go easier and quicker.
Side note - I'm not recommending that you all go out and start cutting your cuticles. They are there for a reason and that is to protect your nail from infection. I don't personally cut my cuticles any. I push them back with each polish change and I use cuticle nippers to cut any loose bits of skin, extra growth on the side of my nails, or to smooth out the toughened skin at the corners of my nails.

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment