LTHP's Favorite Nail Polishes of 2011- Honorable Mentions

Hello and good evening!!

  The year is coming to an end it is that time to pick our faves!! I've been all about these posts because I love seeing everyone's picks as their faves for the year. I didn't get to do this last year because I had just started blogging and I didn't really have much to choose from. I originally intended to only do a "Top 10" but the task of narrowing my list down from 57colors on my short list (LOOOL) down to just Ten was just impossible. So I'm doing things a little different for my 2011 Faves...

  I've decided to break my picks down into different categories. I will be showing you guys my Top 10 International/ Indie brands in one post, my top Ten mainstream brand picks in one post and I have chosen Five "honorable mentions" as well. These will all be colors from 2011. Tonight I will be showing you guys my Five honorable mentions. These are colors that I absolutely fell in love with but they didn't  seem to get that much recognition from blogland. These are in no particular order. Let's get to it shall we?!

Zoya Kendall: Feel Collection/ Winter 2011
 
This shade is just dreamy. It's a soft neutral and a great go-to color. This shade came out very late in the year for Winter and it's a stand out because it is such a soft neutral shade. When I think of winter I think of sparkles and vamps and this color really detoxified me.

Color Club Nomadic in Nude: Back to Boho/ Fall 2011Collection
I remember when I first received this collection for review I started with this color because I thought it was the most boring... I ended up wearing it for Four days and not wanting to take it off. I later found out that this was a dupe of Deborah Lippmann's Waking up in Vegas which kinda explained my strange attraction to this rather unusual Greige.

 O.P.I On Stranger Tides: Pirates of the Caribbean Collection/Summer Brights 2011
When this collection came out I hated it.. And then I received them.. And swatched them and I was immediately drawn to this shade. A lot of people were going mad about Mermaid's Tears and Silver Shatter but this shade really stood out to me. I love the "dirty minty Green" quality about it.

China Glaze Pelican Grey: Anchors Away/ Spring 2011 Collection
  I love Grey. Plain and simple. Even though I own about 68 different shades of Grey this one is really special due to the awesome Pearly shimmer that seems to float on the surface. 

Zoya Mitzi: Mod Mattes/ Summer 2011 Collection 
Matte? Check. Bright? Check. Awesome Formula? Check. This unusual Tennis Ball Yellow- Green really made my Summer vibrant. I love Zoya's mattes and this was is absolutely a must have for you ladies that enjoy some BRIGHT nails.

  That is is for my honorable mentions. These are colors that while I loved them very much they came just a little short of my Top Picks but still needed to be recognized. These may be a little plain or boring to some I find them so pretty and refreshing. Tomorrow I will be showing you guys my Top 10 Indie/ International Brand picks. That is where things really get exciting!

Have a good nite loves! Thought?
♥ Cristina

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment