LTHP Quickies! Milani Color Statement Lipsticks 2013: Reds and Oranges

Good evening and happy Sunday!! 

  Today I have another instalment of my quickies series. Today I want to show you guys some quick swatches of Milani's New Red and Oranges lippies of the new Color Statement line. Last year I fell in love with Milani lip products after trying the shades in the Color Perfect Line. I was pretty much floored when I found out that Milani was releasing 30 new lipsticks in revamped packaging. For this quickie post I am sharing the new Red and Oranges family.
  The new packaging is a sleek, shiny Gold tube. At the very bottom it has a clear cap filled with the actual color of lipstick in the tube. The lipsticks are a standard round shape, and have a great angled tip for perfect and easy application. The shot above is with flash and the one below is without. My camera has a hard time with Red and Orange shades.
  These lipsticks have a really nice  (to me) scent. I am one of those girls who is very sensitive to smells and these did not bother me. They smell like Watermelon candies. The scent does not linger.

 Now for some quick arm swatches. And yes, I do plan to have lip swatches of these soon :D! I have finally overcome my fear of Lip color!
Sweet Nectar: A beautifully bright, tangerine Orange Creme lipstick. This shade is very bright, pigmented and smooth. 
Orange-Gina: A warm metallic Orange shade. The base is a wearble, light Orange laced with Golden metallic shimmer. 
Cherry Crave: A warm, light metallic Red laced with metallic Gold shimmer. This shade is really flattering.
High Voltage: A "vinyl" finish Orange-toned Red. This shade is very bright and daring. I really enjoyed the shine on this. 
Red Label: This shade is making a return from last years lip color line. This shade is a nice balanced Red creme.
Best Red: This is a classic shade of Matte Red. Just a pinch darker than Red Label and not as shiny.
Ruby Valentine: This is another "'vinyl" finish. This shade is a nice, dark, Blue-based Red with very intense Shine. 

  Milani has my heart when it comes to drugstore brands, and makeup in general. I cannot get enough of their fantastic lipstick formulas. I've never used a "high- end" lipstick, but I really don't see a need to do so... Why? When brands like Milani consistently put out amazing products at great prices. Milani's lip colors always have fantastic application and wear. I have to say this group has to be a Red lip lovers dream! And that I have become :D. These should already be popping up at CVS, Walgreens and Wal-Mart. Along with the rest of the color families

 Along with new lip colors Milani also released new lip liners! I've yet to master using lip liners, these have made learning a breeze though! 
  These liners have a really creamy, smooth and pigmented formula. There was absolutely no dragging and there is no effort required to create perfect, clean lines.

 Quickie swatches, these are both creme in finish.
 I am so excited to see the rest of the color families! ANDDD did you  see the new eye liners Milani is coming out with?! They look SO amazing!! Are you a red-lip-lover? Do any of these shades jump out at you?

(**MIlani products provided for my consideration**)


{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment