The One That Copied Lexi From FingerPainted

Sometimes something comes along that just really intrigues you.... This has been the case for me and Lexi's baby stiletto nail shape. I just adore them. I think it looks so cute on her, and besides I LOVE pretty much all the nail art she has ever done. The girl has some mad skills. ;) 

My nails were getting too long and to the point where I wanted to give them a big chop.... So it struck me to do an experiment. I wondered if my nails could do a baby stiletto too? Lexi mentioned once that she does a thin layer of gel polish over hers to reinforce them and help prevent breaking the tips. I thought that mine cut to this shape without gel might just last a day or two, but enough to tribute some nail art to one I admire. Surprisingly, as I type this, I'm 4 days in and several polish changes later, still with intact tips! I guess it's the Duri Rejuvacote I have to thank for that. The stuff makes my nails rock solid.
 I copied this simple bow nail art she did because I had the same base polish, Shimmer Alessandra. Acrylic paints for the bow.

 First impression: I'm not too fond of this nail shape on myself. I think it's more flattering on Lexi's nail bed shape. HOWEVER, I've vowed to give it a good run and not just rush to that decision. I'm going to leave them this shape for at least a week or two to really feel it out. Wish me luck!

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment