O.P.I So So Skullicious Halloween Minis for 2012

Good evening loves!

  This time around I have the adorable Halloween minis set that O.P.I released earlier this month. This set is made up of Four "Day of the Dead" inspired shades. The kit even includes the most adorable Sugar Skull water decals to accent the colors! I'm not normally big into Halloween but nail polish is the exception to that "rule". Halloween polishes always seem to be fun in a different, quirky kind of way. Which is why I love 'em! 


O.P.I Mourning Glory
 Mourning Glory is a classic Black creme. The formula on this black is opaque and pretty dense. I did see a hint of "smoke". When compared to O.P.I Black Onyx you can see a very slight difference. Black Onyx is like a patent leather Black where this is more of a "normal leather" black lol. I used Two coats for full opacity. I'm still a sucker for a plain Black manicure!

O.P.I Hi Pumpkin!
 Hi Pumpkin! is like a radioactive shade of Pumpkin Orange creme. This is a FUN color. I practically wanted to eat my nails when I wore this because it looks like candies. Perfect little Halloween candies. The formula on this shade is easy to work with. For the swatch above you see Two coats, some nails required a thin Third coat.

O.P.I Candlelight
 Candlelight is a nice warm Yellow creme. I would describe this as an Egg-Yolk type of yellow. I actually really like it! The formula on this Yellow was a nice surprise. It was not excellent by any means, but easier to work with than my one an only other O.P.I Yellow, Need Sunglasses? For the photo I did Two coats (I was also using this as a base for a glitter that day), but in reality this color would probably do best in Three thin coats.

O.P.I A Rose from the Dead
 A Rose from the Dead was an unexpected Halloween shade for me. A Pink for Halloween? Sure haha! This is a really pretty shade of Blushing Pink creme. It is vivid and muted at the same time. The formula on this shade is a dream and does great in two easy coats. Also, this color is insanely flattering!

 And just for fun here is a quick look I did using O.P.I A Rose from the Dead with some indie glitter layering and Two Skully decals from the O.P.I set. I'm not much for Halloween nail art myself, but this look I really do like because it is not your traditional Halloween color scheme.
 I have quite a few Halloween Collection posts coming your way so I hope you guys dig Halloween polishes as much as I do lolol! This little Halloween Set by O.P.I is a must have, even if just for those freaking ADORABLE skully decals! The polishes are cute, fun and great to work with but the decals bring it all together! The packaging on this set is adorable as well and I don't nomally notice things like that. 
 The set is available now from O.P.I retailers. 
  Thoughts on halloween nail art/collections?

(**O.P.I products provided by PR for review**)

{ 0 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment